That was the most surprising part. The original bucket of comb contained a few dead bees, actually quite a few. Not sure how that happened, I was not here at the time. So, the waste product included some dead bees. We put it in the trash and within 20 minutes had attracted a swarm of live bees who must have smelt their dead colleagues; After dark, I ventured out and smoked off the swarming bees and put trash in the car to take up the drive next day. In the morning, I put Beatrice in her car to go to school. 'Mum mum get me out of here the car is full of bees' - and so it was, a. Drama all the way. Too much drama for a block of wax. Don't think I'll be doing this again in hurry.